The Faith Entrusted Theology Conference
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: 19TH FEBRUARY 2020
The recent changes in the Sri Lankan climate — increasing concern surrounding Christian doctrines and practices — have created some unspoken tension amongst the Church leaders and laity alike. This tension has brought to the surface new questions like, “What even is the Christian Faith within the quandary of denominational and authorial plurality?”
These questions are by no means trivial. The Sri Lankan Church is facing particular and, in some ways, novel challenges. The growing influence of cult-like movements and heterodox teachings on the Church in general, alongside rapid modernization and cultural shifts, require a coherent and sustainable Christian response. This response must in fact be contextual, unifying and uniquely Christian. In other words, we must approach afresh the charge given in Jude 1:3:
Dear friends, although I was very eager to write to you about the salvation we share, I felt compelled to write and urge you to contend for the faith that was once for all entrusted to God’s holy people.
We have an exciting opportunity for you through this theology conference to partake in just that. “The Faith Entrusted” theology conference has been organized for the benefit of the Church and the development of theology students, church leaders and scholars. The main goal is to explore the challenges for the Sri Lankan Church-namely, what is the “Faith” and how must we be “faithful” to it.
It is the first of its kind in that it seeks to equip and embolden theological practitioners (like senior pastors, seminarians and lecturers of Christian education and theology). “The Faith Entrusted” theology conference will attempt to pioneer a distinctively Asian academic conference that will revere the rigor of theological research and study, spiritual formation and missional application. So don’t miss the opportunity for yourself, your students, seminary, organization or Church to experience the depth and clarity of the prophetic voices for today in the field of “Theology.”
For more information please refer our Conference Brochure.
- Conference Brochure – English – Download
- Conference Brochure – Sinhala – Download
- Conference Brochure – Tamil – Download
- Conference Registration Form – English – Download
To register for the conference online;
- Download the Registration Form and fill in all the details.
- Make your payment to Hatton National Bank, Kohuwela A/C Colombo Theological Seminary – 129010003914
- Email the duly completed “application form” along with payment deposit slip to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you do not receive a response of confirmation within 48hrs of application submission please call at 0755 227 997/ 11 552 42575. Please note that registrations close on 19th February 2020.